Friday 9 December 2011

Bringing in that Festive Feeling

My home has now in full Christmas mode. The carols are playing, the lights are up and so is the tree. I’ve also been looking for other small ways in which to really bring in the festive spirit. Small touches that make all the difference. In my search, I happened to come across a few really nice ideas on the internet and thought I’d share them.



Make use of old silver or wooden trays
(Image courtesy Pottery Barn)



This would look fabulous on a console, buffet or bar cabinet



These centerpieces can be very easily replicated. All you need is a nice glass vase or tray and some good quality candles. Try replacing the chestnuts with the following

- Cinnamon sticks which would also fill your home with the aroma
  of cinnamon.
 
- Some wonderful vanilla scented potpourri will really usher in
     the festive mood.
- Walnuts that are still in the shell
- Dried twigs

If you want that bling factor, consider spraying the nuts or twigs gold or silver.


Some more ideas…



Some freshly cut red or white Poinsettia stems in a glass vase would make a great table centerpiece (From www.freshhomeideas.com )



Fill glass vases or bowls with candies of different colors


Over the next 2 weeks I will be posting several easy to do decoration ideas that I have come across and that I find interesting. I hope they will help you to get into the festive spirit. More ideas coming soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...