Wednesday 21 May 2014

There's Something About the Color Blue

It's absolutely sweltering outside! Even though Gurgaon is slightly cooler than last year, it's still pretty bad. So I'm quite happy to be sitting indoors, drinking lots of iced tea and thinking cool thoughts. With all this heat, it's no surprise that the mind turns to cooler things for comfort and respite. I guess that's why I'm going through a phase where I seem to be obsessed with blues... everything indigo, cobalt and navy is my color of the moment. The other day I bought some pots for the balcony and no surprise, they were all blue!

[1, 2, 3]

Blue is such a soothing color I think. When I see it I think of cool ocean breezes and tall icy glasses of Mint Juleps :) or iced tea... OK who am I kidding... Mint Juleps :)The color fills me with a sense of calm... like the feeling you get when you look up at a blue, cloudless sky that seems to go on forever. Or that feeling you get when you take a step into a pool on a hot day and exhale in delight at the gentle coolness of the water.

[4, 5, 6]

There's something about the color blue... The color seems calm me down... its like an instant chill pill :) 

[7, 8, 9]

Dashes of blue in the home add such a pop of color that soothes, relaxes and rejuvenates. The perfect balm for all the stress that comes with dealing with temperatures in the forties. I love these intricately patterned blue tiles. You can get lost in all that detail! This is something I plan on using in our kitchen, once our new place is built.

[10, 11,12]

I also have a thing for blue linens and drapes, especially with block prints. I didn't realize it until I sat down to write this post, but every curtain in my home is blue! I guess I really got myself ready for summer didn't I?

What's your color of the moment? Do write in and share... I'd love to hear your thought.




8 comments:

  1. Blue is definitely on my mind for the summer...........and I can see you've got your groove back girl:) Wonderful to have you back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sruthi... nice to be back :) Hope all is well with you..

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indigo definitely is on my radar too! Am thinking of an indigo plush sofa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's all this heat Ambika... mind turns to cooler things for some relief :) The indigo sofa sounds cool!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful home interior design and interior decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue definitely is the colour of the season. I have just done up my living room in green and blue. Do visit themomofangels.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Antara... yes I agree, I'm seeing a lot of blues in design & decor magazine

      Delete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...