Thursday 7 November 2013

Colorful & Cosy

If you live in Gurgaon, I'm sure you must be longing for the sun to peak out from behind all the smog & clouds. Diwali has come and gone and it seems that we are all being made to pay for all the fun, revelry and cracker bursting! 

For the last few days the weather outside has been dull, grey and quite depressing. Winter seems to have rolled in quite early this year with temperatures slowly creeping down, promising colder days ahead. Not that I mind the cold, but this dreary weather is getting a bit much. Bring back the sun!

So, keeping in mind the bleak, grey conditions outside, I thought I'd do a post of some colorful rooms which are sure to raise your spirits and cheer you up. It definitely worked on me. Well, partly anyway. I suspect that the chocolate cupcakes I baked today also had something to do with raising my raised spirits :) 

These are a rather eclectic bunch of images - rustic, contemporary, mid-century & kitsch, but the underlying theme is COLOR! There are solids, prints and textures and they all work together so well in a symphony of color and styles adding a sense of playfulness and cheer. Enjoy! And don't let the awful weather outside get you too down.
 





























Images via [1], [2], [3], [4], [5], [6], [7], [8], [9]










14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Paresh...I'm glad you enjoyed the images

      Delete
  2. Thank you for that lovely comment on my post Shalini. More so coz I could see your blog and follow it too :-) Will be stopping by often for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ambika... thanks for stopping by... I was really happy to discover your blog

      Delete
  3. Such eye candy pics just when i was thinking how to add more color in my earth tone living room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the curated collection Shalini......it definitely helped brighten my day. Hope that the sun shines right through and you have a bright and wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sruthi... gld you liked them...& yes the sun is finally out!

      Delete
  5. Eye candy! Just what I need, and Delhi can't get drearier than Seattle. Loved the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Shefali! Yes I've heard it rains all the time there! Things are much brighter here now... the sun is finally out!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...