Monday, 20 May 2013

Real Del Mar House by Gracia Studio


“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”-  Leonardo da Vinci

It often seems like a never ending struggle to convince clients to keep things simple. They always seem to be worried about things looking too plain. As a designer, I find this one of the most frustrating things! 

Here is a great example of simplicity in architecture. Love the massing and the form of this structure by Gracia Studio, a firm based out of Mexico. I love the combination of wood, concrete and plaster, and the way this contemporary structure seems to sit so well in its desert surroundings. 














[Images via Gracia Studio]






4 comments:

  1. I love both a modern unclutterd look, but, at the same time, I love a more collected, layered look, and if I were to choose I wouldn't know which way to go!!:)) I'm decorating my house now, as we moved a month ago, and it is a work in progress!!
    Love the architecture of the house in your post!!
    Hello from Romania!
    Ozana (House@heart)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Onza! I couldn't agree with you more when it comes to choosing between the two looks. I find myself designing modern, contemporary homes for my clients, and yet my own home is full of things I've collected over the years.

      Delete
  2. yes, i agree with you..keeping things simple most of the times is beautiful. nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I'm glad you liked the post!

      Delete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...