Wednesday 8 May 2013

Will Ferrell's Manhattan Loft


You've probably seen him in movies like The Campaign, Land of the Lost, Elf and Superstar. He’s also done numerous stints on Saturday Night Live. If you've seen a Will Ferrell movie, then I’m sure you would agree with me when I say that, based on the characters he portrays, he is not someone one would associate with the word sophistication. However, I was rather surprised, when, while going through AD magazine, I came upon his lovely Manhattan home. Originally a Victorian-era printing factory, the nearly 2,800-square-foot loft is the epitome of contemporary class.

Interior designer, Shawn Henderson has tastefully redone this space to create an open planned, airy looking home that seems to bask in natural light. I love it when buildings are adapted so that they can be reused. The designer has done this beautifully here by carefully preserving architectural details like the original exposed brick surfaces and the cast-iron columns and beams. These elements give the home such character, depth and a story.

I love the way the loft has been furnished by mid-century design pieces teamed with a lot of modern pieces. I also love the art work on the walls. Quirky, colorful and whimsical, the art is perhaps one of the few elements in the house that reflects this actor/comedian’s larger than life onscreen personas. 




















[All Images from AD Magazine]





No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...