Thursday 20 February 2014

Abode Mumbai - A Quaint Boutique Hotel in Colaba, Mumbai

When I stumbled upon this hotel on the We Heart website, my eyes lit up in joy. As I went through all the images, I kept repeating the phrase, 'Love it!' again and again. I love modern interiors, but what I love even more is when a designed space captures the essence of a place. And since I live in India, I love modern design that is Indian at heart, but still contemporary in its outlook. (I hope that makes sense) 

In this case its Mumbai, the design behind this hotel captures the Spirit of Mumbai. It is just such a wonderful space and done up so perfectly. Located in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Colaba, Mumbai, an area known for its Colonial and Art Deco architecture, this hotel is the ultimate quite escape. It's quirky but modern style is the perfect backdrop for everything that celebrates the essence of Mumbai, from the photographs of Mumabi life, knick knacks, artwork and the old colonial furniture. 

Designed by Sian Pascale of Young Citizens design studio, the hotel is inspired by Art Deco and Colonial styles that are such an integral part of Mumbai's fabric. I love the care with which the team has picked up items from flea markets and recycled elements like the teak wood floor, that came from demolished houses and teamed them with bespoke items of furniture done especially for Abode Mumbai. I especially ADORE the beautiful cement tiled floor, made from a local manufacturer. 

Take a look... I promise you'll be wanting to stay here the next time you visit Mumbai. I know I am!



























[All images- We Heart & Abode Mumbai]


Make sure you tune into All Things Nice tomorrow, we have our next installment of Design Bloggers Fab 5 with Anu Varma of My Dream Canvas. Be prepared to be wowed by Anu's amazing sense of style and home decor ideas.












1 comment:

  1. The resource that you mentioned here is something that I have been looking from quite a time. And finally it ended with such a nice blog post. Don’t have words to thank you.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...